Unidad de investigación clínica y actividad biológica
The Unit for Clinical Research and Biological Activity
(UICAB) is an exclusive facility to promote and develop clinical research managed
by IIS La Fe and integrated within the Hospital La Fe complex.
It consists of full time and highly trained
professionals to administer treatments, obtain and process samples in order to
achieve high quality clinical trials.
The unit is subject
to the requirements of ISO 9001, which ensure that the process is in accordance
with internationally recognized quality standards.
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
- Provided with 300 m2 integrated within the Hospital La Fe complex and exclusively devoted to clinical research.
- Seats and beds.
- Specific areas for healthy volonteers.
- Room to store and handle biological samples
- Screening and clinical rooms.
- Stretchers, laboratory equipment, monitoring and life support equipment, advanced life support, electronic medical history.
Strategic values of UICAB:
- Facilities within the hospital, for the exclusive purpose to promote and develop clinical research
- Resource optimization
- Continous monitoring of studies
- Direct contact patient/research team/sponsor
- Quality and capacity of facilities
- High productivity
SERVICES AND EXPERTISSE
1. To carry out more complex studies and clinical trials, mainly of early phases (I/II), as well as studies in healthy volunteers.
2. To extrapolate clinical research to studies with/of probiotics, nutraceuticals and bioactive compounds in general.
3. To promote academic and cutting-edge clinical research performed by researcher of the IIS La Fe.