PhD Position in the BIOMEDICAL Engineering Department
The objective of the position is to develop a PhD work on the subject “cardiovascular stent design and analysis”. The aim of the work will be to analyze the expansion of the stent and the contact with the artery to simulate thrombectomy technique. The developments will have to be carried out within the Kratos framework.
Functions to be developed:
- Participate in the development of the thrombectomy technique. This includes software developements and reporting.
- Develop a PhD thesis on subjects related to thrombectomy technique.
- Publish on subjects related to Biomedical Engineering area.
- Develop within the framework of the Kratos project.
Education and training (required):
- Formation: Master in Engineering or Mathematics
- Basic Knowledge of programming (Python, C++).
- Required Languages: English
- Knowledge of FEM and Optimization Techniques
Other valued skills (not mandatory):
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming
The requisites and merits will be evaluated with a maximum note of 100 points. Such maximal note will be obtained summing up the following points:
- Academic Titles: 20%
- Additional Training: 10%
- Professional Experience: 10%
- Tasks assigned during the review process: 10%
- Personal Interview: 50%
The curriculum and references have to be submitted to the email email@example.com, specifying as subject: VAC-2018-28
The deadline for submitting applications is October 30, 2018 at 12am.
Pre selected candidates will have to send to firstname.lastname@example.org all the supporting documents. The candidates may be required to hold an interview, which may be online.