Robots For Health
The Robots For Health (R4H)project is being developed by a multidisciplinary team of professionals: engineers, health professionals and social scientists from the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) and the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB).
The main objective of the project is to add value to the investigation results and to develop experiences with social robots, especially with mascot-robots, and hospitalized children.
Our investigation is currently funded by public and private organizations in the Netherlands, the United States and Panama.
Projects and financing:
- SOFIA (2012)Developments in human-social robot interactiun for improving quality of life of long-term hospitalized children. TIN2011-28854-C03-01
- PATRICIA (2013-2015) Pain and Anxietytreatment based on social Robot Interaction with Children to Improve patient experience. TIN2012-38416-C03-01
- Nieuwe Maatjes / New Pals (2014-2017) Therapeutic/educational use of pet robots for hospitalized children.
- CASPER (2015-Actualidad) Cognitive Assistive Social Pet Robots for Hospitalized children. 2014-LLAV-00033
- Miguel García Fernández - Sant Joan de Déu Research Foundation
- Cecilio Angulo - Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)