Biostatistics and Epidemiology Unit
The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Unit aims to provide support to IIS-FJD scientists requiring assistance with methodological and statistical issues within the fields of epidemiology and statistics. The unit may either do this directly or supervise work performed by IIS-FJD researchers.
- Study design: choice of type of study, sample-size calculation, and randomization.
- Design of data-collection forms.
- Statistical analysis.
- Interpretation and presentation of results.
- Drafting and/or revision of the methods and results of articles, presentations, doctoral theses, etc.
- Teaching initiatives in biostatistics and epidemiology.