The library service performs the following activities:
- Conduct workshops for researchers on literature searches.
- Provide support for literature searches either over the Internet or in person at the request of researchers involved in any kind of project or clinical trial.
- Administer licenses granted by the Madrid Board of Health to access the online library, thus granting researchers access to different databases such as Pubmed, EMBASE, Cochrane Plus, Fisterra, Web of Knowledge, etc.; journal platforms for biomedical publications and related resources such as BMJ Group, ScienceDirect, Ovid, Clinical Key; and also the document retrieval service. Under the document-request service, the librarian asks other libraries for specific articles.
- The Fundación Jiménez Díaz subscribes to the Wiley Online Library, which gives us access to particular journals published by Wiley. Libary patrons can also use the UpToDate service.
- The library also has an updated list of books in print that are available for internal loan.