Biological samples, collections, aliquots
The Biobank of Hospital Ramón y Cajal hosts collections of biological samples for biomedical research. The creation of biological capital Biobank can have two origins: 1- The excess of previous research projects; 2- The samples obtained by biological capitalization program.
· Support to develop a Deposit Agreement Document.
· Sample Processing: Liquid samples (serum, plasma, blood, urine ...), solid tissues, nucleic acid, cell cultures.
· Sample storage (-80, -20, 4, liquid nitrogen, ambient temperature) and associated data (Application Bio-e-VITRO Bank).
· Sample transference for research projects, subject to approval by the Ethics and Scientific Committees and signature of a Cession Agreement.
· Transfer of blood and urine derivatives samples.
· Transfer of plasma cells samples isolated by ficoll
· Extraction, purification, quantification and assessment of the integrity of DNA
· Using the automatic cell counter (ADAMS) for quantifying the number of viable and total cells
· Bioanalyzer for analysis of DNA, RNA and proteins and RNA quality control.
- Temperature control systems (sensors for continuous recording software, telephone alarm and backup of CO2). Freezers at different temperatures -80 and -20.
- Liquid nitrogen tanks.
- Reader TRACKER for dimensional codes recognition of sample storage tubes.
- Water purification system (Millipore, MilliQ).
- Cell culture room, full equipped.
- Automated cell counter (ADAM-MC)
- Nucleic acid extractor (QuickGene Mini)
- DNA quantificator (Scan-Drop).
- Thermocycler, refrigerated centrifuge
- Cryostat microtome
- Networked computer application for the registration and operation of the samples, and management of space in the warehouse (Bio-e-bank, VITRO).
- Automatic Aliquotator.
- Measures of nucleic acids Integrity by Bioanalyzer Agilent2100.
Biobank has implemented a quality management system according to the UNE-EN ISO 9001: 2008 with the following scope: "Management of biological samples from subjects and data associated with them for biomedical research: deposit agreement and treatment of samples and data, including the transfer for use in research projects".
- Dr. Fernando Liaño García, Director Científico.
- Dra. Ana Mª Torres Redondo, Coordinador técnico y Responsable de Calidad
Phone numbers: +34 91 336 90 75 / +34 91 336 80 00