The hospital Vall d'Hebron, through the Vall D'Hebron Institut de Recerca, has created its own model of innovation which will both transfer research results to society as well as it will promote a more competitive hospital by operating as a development economy agent.
The Innovation team consists of senior human capital, highly qualified with extensive experience in innovation and transfer, both in private and research institutions.
Our strategy is based on:
- Search for business opportunities that conduct to reinvestment in new research.
- New strategies for public -private industry relationships, promoting partnerships in the early stages of technology.
- Cooperation with international partners that contribute to positioning our innovation at an international level and to open new contacts.
- Search for new tools to accelerate innovation.
The actions performed by this unit are, among others:
- Economical evaluation and Market research of projects or ideas
- Protection of intellectual property strategy
- Search of public grants or private funding to further develop the technology to increase its value
- Search of partners interested in the technology (collaborative partnerships & technological brokering)
- Business development
- Spin-off creation
- Training in innovation