Developed by: Fundación Vasca de Innovación e investigación Sanitaria
The invention consists of a fungible sterile kit for guiding the biopsy sampling process by PET image. Specifically, the invention refers to the three elements that constitute the kit: a stereotactic frame that parameterises the space of the patient, a biopsy needle and the multiplatform digital processing system that enables obtaining precise spherical coordinates of the target area to be biopsied.
· Enables the use of PET-guided biopsy in patients who have no structural lesions.
· Prevents the need for expensive permanent radioactive sources, reducing the radiation dose received by the patient.
· Increases the accuracy, precision and profitability in pricks guided by both PET and CT.
· Biopsy in patients who have no radiological structural lesions.
· Biopsy in patients who have radiological structural lesions but with heterogeneous catchment in PET.
· Possibility of adapting the kit to guide the biopsy needle by CT image.
Estado de protección
Spanish Patent Application (P201531185)
PCT Application (PCT/ES2016/070575)
Priority Date: 10/08/2015
Company interested in the license and commercialisation of the product.