Method and kit for predicting or forecasting response to antiangiogenic.
Angiogenesis, formation of new blood vessels from preexisting ones, is an essential process by which solid tumors can grow and metastasize.
Data obtained by the researchers demonstrate that antiangiogenic therapy, several features inherent to the vasculature of the patient not only help the antitumor efficacy of treatment, but also influence the development of vascular problems that are clinically relevant.
The authors of the present invention have identified a specific mutation that allows them to predict and / or forecast the response to antiangiogenic therapy of individuals with colon cancer. This way, you can customize treatment to each individual selected for each patient treatment more effective and safe.
These data have been clinically validated in a cohort of 95 individuals.
- The method allows the prognosis and / or monitoring of treatment response.
- Use of the kit allows a more accurate selection of the most appropriate treatment for each patient.
- Get improved the survival rate of long-term patient.
Estado de protección
- En busca de codesarrolladores
- Health technology:
- Biotecnología y Diagnóstico Molecular (proteómica, genómica, etc...)