Predicting response method for patients with rheumatoid arthritis in the anti-TNF therapy.
The tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFα) plays a central role in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis as it can cause destruction of the joints, clinical feature of rheumatoid arthritis.
The introduction of anti-TNF therapy has significantly improved the prognosis of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. However, a large proportion of patients do not respond to these therapies.
The authors of the present invention have identified specific miRNAs that enables them to predict and / or predict the response to treatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis with anti-TNF therapy.
This way, you can customize treatment to each individual selecting most effective and safest treatment for each patient. The combined or separate use of these biomarkers indicates which patients would benefit from anti-TNF treatments. It is therefore a very useful tool to check the effectiveness of treatment.
These data have been clinically validated in a cohort of 95 patients.
- The method allows the prognosis and / or monitoring of treatment response.
- Use of the kit allows a more accurate selection of the most appropriate treatment for each patient.
- Get improved the survival rate of long-term patient.
Estado de protección
- En busca de codesarrolladores
- Health technology:
- Biotecnología y Diagnóstico Molecular (proteómica, genómica, etc...)