Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL)
The Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL) is a biomedical research center established in 2004. Its stakeholders are Bellvitge University Hospital and Viladecans Hospital of the Catalan Institute of Health, the Catalan Institute of Oncology, University of Barcelona and the town council of L’Hospitalet de Llobregat.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona HUBc and part of the CERCA institution of the Generalitat of Catalonia. In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Carlos III Institute of Health.
A key aspect of research in IDIBELL is its proximity to the patient. Because of its location and the healthcare activity that many of its researchers carry out, IDIBELL research groups can identify which problems are really priority and which solutions are effective in daily clinical practice.
- NEW GENERATION OF STENTS CAPABLE OF AVOIDING INFECTION
- ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE (AD) EARLY DETECTION TECHNOLOGY
- ONCOLYTIC ADENOVIRUSES FOR CANCER THERAPIES
- PREVENTING MDR GRAM-NEGATIVE HOSPITAL ACQUIRED INFECTIONS
- A new Endo-Luminal Linear Anastomosis Stapler
- TOPICAL ANALGESIC GEL FOR ANORECTAL PAIN RELIEF
- QUICK TEST FOR STROKE RISK DIAGNOSIS PREDICTION
- PREDICTIVE DRUG-COMPANION DIAGNOSTIC TEST FOR CANCER THERAPEUTIC RESISTANCE
- NEW FACIAL PARALYSIS REHABILITATION SOFTWARE
- BREAST PROSTHESIS WITH ACTIVE COVERAGE TO AVOID INFECTIONS
- MICE ORTHOTOPIC IMPLANTATION FOR HUMAN TUMORS
- COMPANION DIAGNOSTIC FOR CUTANEOUS AND UVEAL MELANOMA
- NEW TARGET THERAPY FOR TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER
- DRUG REPURPOSING FOR LUPUS NEPHRITIS THERAPY
- REGENERATIVE MEDICINE FOR THE TREATMENT OF HEART DISEASE
- DIAGNOSTIC TEST FOR AZOOSPERMIA ORIGIN
- A WEB-BASED PLATFORM FOR THE IDENTIFICATION OF FRONTO-SUBCORTICAL CONNECTIVITY DISRUPTIONS OF BRAIN DISORDERS
- BIOSENSOR-BASED VIDEO GAME COMPLEMENTARY TOOL FOR GAMBLING AND EATING DISORDERS TREATMENT
- A NEW METHOD TO REDUCE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF OCULAR BRACHYTHERAPY
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL RNA MOLECULES TO TREAT EWING SARCOMA