Jesús Usón Minimally Invasive Surgery Centre (JUMISC)
Jesús Usón Minimally Invasive Surgery Centre (JUMISC) is a multidisciplinary institution devoted to research and innovation in health sciences.
JUMISC has large experience in translational research and covers several fields of expertise: laparoscopy, endoscopy, microsurgery, endoluminal therapy and assisted reproduction.
It acts as a specialized C.R.O. (Contract Research Organization) focused on "in vivo" preclinical services for the pharmaceutical, medical devices and biotechnology industries.
From 2014 JUMISC is a Singular Scientific and Technical Facility (ICTS) in cooperation with CIBER-BBN.
The Centre has been awarded with the following accreditations among others, in both human and veterinary medicine:
- Quality assurance certified by AENOR (ER-0430/2002) according to the UNE-EN-ISO 9001:08 standards.
- GLP Compliance Certificate (BPLI 11.04/001 MSC) to carry out studies of:
- In vivo toxicity.
- Dosing of test substances and non clinical specimen drawing.
- Biocompatibility studies of medical devices.
- Cooperative and contractual pre-clinical R&D following specific standards, such as Good Laboratory Practices (G.L.P.).
- Experimental models os different diseases.
- Technical consultancy in the health, biotech and bioengineering fields.
- Fully-equipped and innovative facilities:
- A 2.310 m2 animal housing with large and small animals.
- Operating theatres and cellular therapy, clinical analysis, assisted reproduction and formulation laboratories.
- Medical imaging equipment: C.T. (Computerized Tomography) Scan, N.M.R. (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance), 2 and 3D Fluoroscopy.
- Hands-on training in minimally invasive surgery techniques and other specialties related to the health field.