Sociedad Española de Ingeniería Biomédica
The Spanish Society of Biomedical Engineering (SEIB) mission is to maintain contact between practitioners, researchers and students who work in the various branches of Bioengineering and are motivated in this field, and is framed by the International Federation of Biomedical Engineering along with similar institutions in other countries.
The main services of the Spanish Biomedical Engineering Society (SEIB, Sociedad Española de Ingeniería Biomédica) cover four different areas:
To Foster Biomedical Engineering
- To promote the coordination and education in Biomedical Engineering (undergraduate degrees, masters programmes and doctorate programmes) within the framework of the European Space for Higher Education (ESHE).
- To promote the professional recognition of the new graduates in Biomedical Engineering.
- To facilitate the relationships between industry and its member organizations.
- To promote research in Biomedical Engineering.
- To foster and reinforce the annual conference of our Society, CASEIB.
- To consolidate the cooperation with scientific networks in the area of Biomedical Engineering.
Relationship with society
- To strengthen our participation in the IFMBE (International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering) and the EAMBES (European Alliance for Medical and Biological Engineering & Science).
- To increase and deepen the cooperation with other national and international Technical and Medical Societies.
- To improve the initiatives and communication strategies within the SEIB (to reactivate the website of the SEIB, to promote the participation in social networks).
Attention to members
- To improve communication and dissemination of information to the members.
- To encourage the recruitment of new members.
- To promote the role of student member.
Organization of the SEIB
- To improve the internal operation of the society.
- To impel the formation of thematic Working Groups.
- To develop a strategic plan for the SEIB.