Desarrollado por: Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria La Fe
The Experimental Radiology and Imaging Biomarkers Platform, leaded by the Biomedical Imaging Research Group (GIBI230), is a multidisciplinary platform of research in Medical Imaging and which involves an important number of recognized specialists. The platform's mission is to promote and develop the use of imaging biomarkers extracted from medical images, to optimize diagnostic and therapeutic applications of medical imaging through a multidisciplinary and multimodality approach, both in clinical and animal research.
Our team consists of radiologists, biomedical engineers, nuclear medicine specialists, physicists, chemists, technicians, and Managers of clinical trial, projects and financial issues.
Our work areas are:
• Conceptualization, development and validation of imaging biomarkers.
• Information integration of uni- and multivariate images in structured reports. Generation of imaging based knowledge bases.
• Data mining of DICOM headers to assess and measure the quality of the medical imaging processes.
• New diagnostic techniques and procedures based on functional and molecular imaging.
• Development of percutaneous techniques and generation of new systems for diagnosis and percutaneous local treatment.
• Stem cells tracking by their labeling with nanoparticles and functional imaging, cell-tracking.
• Development of new contrast media using new forms of visualization as multispectral CT and MRI.
• Control of the safety aspects of ionizing radiation.
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
Large and small animal imaging:
- 3 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Unit
- Rat/Mouse/Rabbit Coils
- Large animals Coils
- Pulse programming capabilities
- Angiography suite
- Ultrasound system
- Post-processing Workstations
- In-house software
Scientific Leadership: Dr. Luis Martí Bonmatí, PhD
Responsible Technician: Angel Alberich, PhD
Telf.: (+34) 961 245 633