Cytometry and cell sorting facility
Flow cytometry allows simultaneous multiparametric analysis of the physical and/or chemical characteristics of up to thousands of particles per second. Each suspended particle passing through the LASER beam scatters, and fluorescent chemicals found in the particle or attached to the particle may be excited into emitting light at a longer wavelength than the light source.
Fluorescence-activated cell sorting is a specialized type of flow cytometry. It provides a method for sorting a heterogeneous mixture of biological cells, one cell at a time, based upon the specific light scattering and fluorescent characteristics of each cell. It provides fast, objective and quantitative recording of fluorescent signals from individual cells as well as physical separation of cells of particular interest.
This technology has applications in molecular biology, pathology, immunology, plant biology and marine biology. It has broad application in medicine (especially in transplantation, haematology, tumour immunology and chemotherapy, prenatal diagnosis, genetics…). The Facility is subdivided into three rooms: FACS analysis and high resolution images in flow room, data analysis room and cell sorting room.
Equipamiento / Know-How del grupo relevante
- BD FACSCalibur: 2 LASER, Up to 4 fluorescence;
- BD FACSCantol : 2 LASER, Up to 6 fluorescence,
- BD FACSCantoII: 3 LASER, Up to 8 fluorescence;
- BD LSRFortessa SORP + HTS: 4 LASER, Up to 16 fluorescence;
- BD LSRFortessa SORP: 5 LASER, Up to 18 fluorescence;
- AMNIS ISX : 2 digital cameras, Up to 12 fluorescence channels;
- BD FACSAriaII: 3 LASER, Up to 9 fluorescence;
- BD FACSAria SORP: 5 LASER, Up to 18 fluorescence;
- Magnetic cell sorter autoMACSPro;
- Data analysis: DIVA v6.1.3, CellQuestPro v6.0.3, ModFit LT v3.2, FlowJo v7.6.1,FCAPArray v1.0.1.
Simultaneous multiparametric analysis of samples.
Datos de Contacto
93 227 9165/ firstname.lastname@example.org