NEW TARGET THERAPY FOR TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER
Desarrollado por: Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de Bellvitge (IDIBELL)
TNBC constitutes 12% of all breast cancers has a poorer short-term prognosis than other subtypes, has limited treatment options beyond conventional chemotherapy and radiotherapy
New chemical entity (NCE) against RANK pathway for the treatment of TNBC
- New strategy to inhibit RANK pathway for the treatment of TNBC.
- RANK is expressed in 40% of TNBC where it was linked with poor clinical outcomes.
- Cost-effective therapy for TNBC and NSCLC easing the economic burden
The most important benefits of this new therapy are based on
1) Medical need to treat TNBC/NSCLC patients
2) The economic burden for public health systems generated by standard non-selected and ineffective cancer treatment.
These new RANK inhibitory molecules will improve the current treatments with less side effects
Estado de protección
RANK is expressed in breast and lung tumors, particularly in tumors from the TNBC and NSCLC subtype, where no targeted therapies are available.
Taking into a count that RANK expression associates with prognosis and RANK receptor can signal in the absence of RANKL, our unique insight to solve this problem is a New strategy to inhibit RANK pathway for the treatment of TNBC and NSCLC.
TRL: Technology concept
IP: Know-how and patent on draft
Cooperación que se desea
Responsable: Área de Desarrollo de Negocio e Innovación
Oficina de Transferencia de Tecnología
Contacto (Tel./mail): 93 260 71 06 / Innovacio@idibell.cat
- En desarrollo, Transferible
- Tecnología sanitaria:
- Biotecnología y Diagnóstico Molecular (proteómica, genómica, etc...), Medicamentos - Farma