QUICK TEST FOR STROKE RISK DIAGNOSIS PREDICTION
Desarrollado por: Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de Bellvitge (IDIBELL)
Lack of sensitive and non-invasive diagnostic techniques for atherosclerotic disease and stroke prediction
Ischemic Stroke Risk-TEST for the prediction and monitoring the risk of ischemic stroke
Vulnerable atherothrombotic plaque identification using blood circulating miRNA biomarkers
Point-of-Care microfluidics paperbased analytical device (μPADs) integration (in co-development with Paperdrop Diagnostics S.L.)
This circulating biomarker can be used:
1) to detect vulnerable atherothrombotic plaque in patients with high-grade carotid artery stenosis and to predict the risk of primary and secondary ischemic stroke;
2) as a prognostic biomarker to monitor the effectiveness of the best medical treatment and for the occurrence or restenosis; and
3) for long-term management monitoring and/or outcome prediction after carotid revascularization procedures.
It is intended that health services have available a diagnostic system, based on strips of paper and colorimetry, easy to interpret, that can give a quick, cheap response (without the need for expensive imaging techniques, which are not sensitive enough) for the immediate identification and follow-up of individuals at risk, and able to reach all levels of health in the general population. Moreover, a quick diagnostic test based in our circulating miRNA, in addition to acting as a diagnostic tool, can be a key element in facilitating the decision-making of health professionals.
Estado de protección
Circulating miRNA validated in pilot studies using human serum samples with successfully outcome. A portion of these results is about to be published (Luque et al. (2018) J. Neurosurg, In Press).
IP status: A European patent application has been filed (EP16382025.1) and the PCT submission has been requested PCT/EP2017/051316.
Cooperación que se desea
IDIBELL is seeking a company partner to further develop the technology through a co-development or license agreement.
Responsable: Área de Desarrollo de Negocio e Innovación
Oficina de Transferencia de Tecnología
Contacto (Tel./mail): 93 260 71 06 / Innovacio@idibell.cat
- En busca de codesarrolladores, En desarrollo
- Tecnología sanitaria:
- Biotecnología y Diagnóstico Molecular (proteómica, genómica, etc...)